Responsibilities and more
About the Role:
As Executive Assistant, you sit at the epicenter of the executive team, supporting both Co-Founders with day-to-day operations and administrative activities. This role will have a front-row seat to the development of the Braintrust Network and is critical to the high-performance, agile, remote work culture the company has built.
A successful candidate in this role will thrive in a fast-paced culture, be organized to the bone, and always think three steps ahead. They will have an owner’s mindset and do their best work wearing many hats, seeing each new challenge as an opportunity for learning and growth. They will be extremely positive, professional, and persistent in their internal and external communications and interactions. Not only that, but they will be the backbone of company operations, always looking to improve our efficiency and outcomes.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business, the key players, and top priorities company-wide. Use this knowledge to ensure we are operating at a high level and to find efficiencies wherever possible.
- Become the face of Braintrust; a go-to resource for investors, external stakeholders, and team members with questions about day-to-day company operations.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders clearly, concisely, professionally, and representative of our high-performance culture.
- Manage the inbox and calendar for our Co-Founders. Help them organize inbound emails, draft replies, and strategically schedule meetings as necessary for maximum efficiency.
- Support Co-Founders with scheduling, organization, and prioritization, particularly during high volume periods.
- Sit in on key external and internal meetings. Ensure all meetings have Zoom/dial-in info, a crisp agenda, and that executives are prepared.
- Proactively and consistently follow up, relay key information, and ensure action items are delegated to appropriate department leaders and team members.
- Own company-wide administrative tasks, including scheduling, managing subscriptions, and services, receiving mail, sending contracts or NDAs, etc.
- Periodically organize team travel and events.
We believe this person could come from a variety of backgrounds. Here are a few profiles that could be a good fit for this role:
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a front-row seat to building a company. After a year in this seat, you will be able to navigate just about anything!
- A project manager who keeps the trains running on time with little oversight. Someone who’s driven by a desire to help and ensure plans are delivered on time.
- A generalist who loves learning, and organizing and has a passion for operations.
- A person who has previously worked as chief of staff or executive assistant at junior levels.
- A person with a background in management consultancy.
Are you still with us? If so, you’re:
- Sharp, agile, adaptable
- Highly personable; kind, positive, warm, and friendly
- High integrity; we need to trust you implicitly
- Relentlessly ambitious
- With high bandwidth
- A direct and clear communicator
- Creative and always looking for new ways of doing things
- 4-5 years of professional work experience, ideally at a startup, in administrative or project manager roles. Junior executive assistant and chief of staff as well.
- Ability to manage logistics, multiple concurrent projects, and constantly changing timelines at a high-growth company.
- Strong attention to detail; there is no detail too small
- Pro user of organizational and operational tools, including G Suite & Asana
- Clear and concise communicator, both written and spoken
- Extremely organized, quick, and efficient
- Process-oriented self-starter who can identify and fill gaps
- Thrive in a flexible, remote-only environment
- Experience with G-suite and Asana.
Braintrust is using Agile Recruitment for this process. You can find the steps you will take below:
You will answer 4 quick screening questions. [5 mins]
You will do a Torre Testing & Certification session to validate your skills [60 mins].
(We will send you the link to this session via Torre Messenger as soon as the recruiter confirms that you fulfill the requirements for this job opening. This usually happens in less than 24 hours).
Gabriel Luna-Ostaseski, co-founder of Brainturst will interview you. [30 mins]
Job offer [30 mins].